Global awareness of environmental issues has resulted in the emergence of “green” composites. These new materials offer eco-friendly and sustainable alternatives to classical synthetic composites, such as glass fibers reinforced polymer materials. They have a lower carbon footprint and they already constitute attractive substitutes for some semi-structural applications.
However, dynamic behaviour of those eco-composites is not well known yet. The objectives of this international workshop are to join together academic and industrial people interested in this topic, and to discuss and share our knowledge on this subject.
Scope of the workshop:
- Natural fibres (plant, animal, mineral)
- Short fibres, non-woven or woven fabrics, unidirectional or cross-ply laminates
- Thermoset or thermoplastic resins, bio-sourced polymers, innovative matrix
- Recycled materials
- Hybrid composites, single-yarn composites
- Mechanical impacts, crash tests, Hopkinson bar
- Laser shocks
- Fatigue and cyclic behaviour
- NDT for damage analysis